Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Eye on Japan 8: Lets change it up

Hey guys welcome to Eye on Japan for the lovely day of Wednesday 17th August 2011. Don't have alot of awesome news today but I do have three things.

First Capcom's designers are changing how Dante will look in the new Devil May Cry game. This is of course Japanese Designers input based on the reaction of fans to the young and extremely ugly twilight wanna be Dante that Ninja Theory had designed for the game originally. Capcom decided to make Dante look a bit cooler and in turn give hope to fans that long for this game to still be connected to the real Dante from the REAL Devil May Cry!!!!!!! somehow. (Sorry fan boy rant there).

Here are the picture comparisons.

The previous Dante

The new and improved Dante.

A bit of an improvement lets hope the rest of the game holds up.

In other news Final Fantasy XIV is said to be releasing a patch for the PS3 version (also on the PC at the same time) that will have a new race for players to roll. Don't have my fingers crossed but who knows.

Lastly while on Reddit I had asked people what they thought of Phantasy Star. I got a reply that was on of the most touching gamer stories I have heard in a long time.

Here is the post

zersch:

My parents paid 100 dollars for Phantasy Star IV at a Toys 'R' Us when it first came out.

It was worth it. My best friend and I played it endlessly, obsessing over it enough that I mailed away for a strategy guide from Sega just to have a list of the complete magic combination you could do. Eventually we got around to trying out one of the others. I believe the subtitle was Generations of Doom and it had a Rappy on the cover.

Anyway, we missed that you had to grab some equipment from the cellar of one of the houses and spent maybe fifteen minutes dying in random battles before shunning it forever. But even 10+ years later that same friend and I would get Phantasy Star IV running on our laptops and sit around playing it. God damn I miss that guy. RIP ABH.

Our thoughts go out to you Zersch.

No comments:

Post a Comment